Thursday, January 11, 2007

Welcome to Just Eat The Cat!

Happy 2007 and welcome to my new blog, Just Eat The Cat! I'll be posting friends-only peeks at essays-in-progress, updates on my forthcoming memoir These Halls Used To Be Taller! Confessions of a 27-Year-Old First Grader, tales of rock-and-roll mania with my bands, The Personals and the Hidden Mitten, and other fun stuff. I decided to start a new, independent blog because, despite the glut of humans on Myspace, I know many of my friends and family have let the bandwagon pass them by. Good for y'all! I mean that. Just yesterday I told the Chicago news crew that stopped me on Michigan Avenue for an interview about the new iPhone that I wish cell phones didn't even exist. Not exactly a technophile, me! But I am a compulsive writer and thus gave into the blog-nomenon six months ago, and here we are.

To kick off Just Eat The Cat, I thought I'd put together a "best of" my Myspace blog and perhaps the tour blog I did for the Austin American-Statesman newspaper on behalf of The Personals. But man, it was impossible! I couldn't choose. 2006 was an amazing year and if you want to catch up before diving into this new blog, go for it! Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to be a Myspace member to read the blogs, mine included. Here they are:

My personal Myspace blog (July '06-present)
The Personals band blog (ongoing)
My tour blog for the Statesman (May/June '06)

Coming soon to Just Eat The Cat . . . a stunning, many-part true adventure called "I Was A 27-Year-Old Teenager On A Mission!" . . . and the exciting conclusion to my (also many-part) Myspace saga "No Sleep 'Til Wisconsin." I'll start with the former, so new readers will be on the same footing as readers of my other blogs (but I promise my Myspace friends that an end to the Wisconsin trip will follow). Enjoy!

LOVE & GUITARS,
Erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin! Love the blog! And we can't wait to read more of your writing! Please come visit us soon here in Nihon! - nathan and jill