Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Silver Lining zine: Favorite Questions #2

Three favorite questions for . . .

Jennifer Levin, Santa Fe, NM, 33

1. What's one BOOK that has made your life better?
I re-read The World According to Garp (John Irving) when I was very unhappy with my choice of college during freshman year. It made me realize that I was studying the wrong thing in the wrong place and so I moved to Santa Fe to be a writer.

2. What's one ALBUM that has made your life better?
Furnace Room Lullabye by Neko Case and Her Boyfriends. I didn't realize anyone sang that way--belting, uncatagorizable--and the song "Guided by Wire" made me understand my own past in a way I never had before.

3. What's one way you can take lemons and make lemonade?
I'm a little burnt out on my job--but I have 65 hours of vacation to use up in the next six weeks, so I'm taking all of next week off for an impromptu "writing residency in my bedroom." Only two days to go!

No comments: