Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Trade in Celebrity Obsession for Community Service

A friend in Oklahoma's blog this morning really inspired me. My heart aches right now over all the things it made me think about. Thankfully, I'm an optimist and I truly believe it's not too late to save our society from becoming a cesspool. But we all need to do our part to turn this freaking ship around. A link to his blog plus my response and call to action are now on the Open Books blog.

L&G,
e

P.S. -- After you read the blogs, I hope those in Chicago will suck it up and sign up to help Open Books with our Big Move. We can't do the bulk of our work until we get our books moved and sorted. They are used in critical community service programs and are sold to pay for all the literacy work we do. We desperately need people for the early Public Storage shifts, 7 - 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 2-3. Just this once, get up early on a weekend. Then you can skip the gym and eat all your want at Super Bowl parties as a reward.

No comments: