Sunday, April 29, 2007

RUI, Silver Lining, & the Hidden Mitten

Three big bits o' news:

1. I am honored and thrilled to have been picked as a reader for this month's Reading Under the Influence event, this Wednesday night at Sheffield's. I'll be performing an excerpt of THESE HALLS USED TO BE TALLER!, my forthcoming teaching memoir. If you live in Chicago, you should come! The event was a critic's pick in this week's Chicago Reader -- wow!

2. I am laying out and printing the Silver Lining zine this week. Holler if you'd like to help -- it'll be fun! And stay tuned for launch party and where-to-buy news. In addition, the Silver Lining writers group meets this Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Pontiac Cafe. Let me know if you're coming so I can reserve you a seat.

3. If you know anyone out near Dekalb (west of Chicago) or at Northern Illinois University, please spread the word that my band, the Hidden Mitten is playing at Otto's Underground this Friday w/ Little Red and the Hoods and a bunch of other great bands. Can't wait!

More tidbits from Colorado next week! - Erin :)

No comments: